Sunday 18 August 2013

Tales of the dental woes (part 1)

Before you judge me, I have to explain that I am NOT afraid of dentists. I spent 6 years of my life hanging around the dentist office and prolly even tell myself that I will be a dentist some day. And since I've left school (where dental services are free), I've only seen the dentist for a routine check-up like twice. That's it!


Dentist: When was the last time you visit a dentist?
Me: 2007, I think?
Dentist: Woah! We have a lot of work in our hands tonight!

(I was all prepped for him in the chair by now)

Dentist: Hmm... for someone who hasn't gotten check for ages, I'm surprise it still look pretty good.
Me: Yeah, I had a feeling I don't need the annual visit.
Dentist: But you know it's necessary.

(At this point, I explained to him how the dentist who saw me the last said the same thing about how good my teeth look despite avoiding the dental visits for ages)

Me: I think the next time I should visit you will be in 2020 *LOL*
Dentist: You're just overconfident now. Look, you have a tiny hole that need to be filled.
Me: Will it hurt?
Dentist: No, but I can't do it tonight. My arms are too sore today.

I got my teeth cleaned and polished both costed me about $90. My filling date has been set to end of this month. I am actually nervous about the filling. Not just for the pain, which I had been assured won't feel a thing as the hole is very tiny, but also what happened after. I have read how a filling can 'drop' out while they are eating especially. That doesn't sound fun at all.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...