Thursday 10 July 2014

Zumba Boogie Woah

This may not come as a surprise but I've recently picked up a new hobby. I'm officially a Zumba rat!


I attended my first class on 25 April and have not looked back since. I've always considered Zumba a fad that's been around in Singapore for a couple of years now, I think. So I was skeptical about the whole idea of dance fitness. How is it different from aerobics right?

With an open mind and bendy limbs I powered through my classes and even picked up Zumba Toning (dancing with weights). I think the best part about Zumba is how you can work it for 60 mins straight without actually feeling any pain. Is it tiring? Yes! I sweat buckets but I don't want to stop. Too much fun!



Zumba basically combines 2 of my favourite things: dancing and losing weight. I wouldn't say I've lost much but I definitely feel healthier, lighter and tighter (if that makes any sense). I never believed in weighing scales and I don't intend to start. I measure my progress with my everyday clothes. Jeans slipping off my ass. Check! Disappearance of the muffin top when I put on a bra. Check! Grab clothes that don't fit me anymore and successfully able to put them on. Check!

My advice if you want to try it, look for classes near you (best if it's near to your workplace) and don't give up. If you're shy, grab a friend! I've never come across anyone who tried it and not like it. Trust me aside from attending the classes, you'll find yourself Zumba-ing in your room at night, just because.

Let me end this post with a Zumba selfie!
That's me and the bitch that got me hooked to Zumba.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...