Sunday 12 April 2015

My Suffering

The name kind of stick whenever friends ask me what I'm having from lunch. I've even shared it with friends and colleague whenever I have a spare pack. No one died so far.
Friend: Suffering for lunch?
Me: Yeah... 
I've started this new habit since October last year and am trying to stick to it without relapse. My recipe is based on stuff I can eat. I'm not a veggie person so as you can see, there's not much greens in mine aside from the salad mix.

So here's what you need:

  • Salad mix
  • Pasta of your choice
  • Potatoes of your choice 
  • Baby carrots 
  • Baby corn
  • Crabmeat (or any frozen stuff you can muster)
  • Dressing (I personally prefer Extra Virgin Olive Oil now)
Instructions:
The Ingredients
The amount I use for a 5-day meal. Adjust quantity as you wish.
Cooked the pasta al dente
Chopped potatoes usually takes about 10-20 mins to cook. Poke them with a fork to test.
Boil the rest of the ingredient for a couple of minutes. You can take them raw, if you like.
Strain all water and let them dry.
The pasta needs to be dried too.
My salad mix are pre-washed so in the Tupperware they go!
Once the rest of the stuff are dried, throw them on the salad mix.
I will store them in the fridge until the morning I need them, I pour in some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and put them back in the fridge once I reached the office. When I first started this, I used sinful dressings like Thousand Island, Caesar... you get the idea. But that's kind of pointless if you're trying to reduce your calorie intake, right? You can always throw in other veggies you prefer like baby tomatoes, broccoli, bell peppers and the list goes on.

If you're gonna try it, let me know how it went. All the best! If I can do it, so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...